Blue Dart Sales at Rs. 2,162.06 crores
- The Company posted Rs. 188.66 cr profit after tax
Mumbai : May 02, 2013
Blue Dart Express Limited, South Asia's number one express air and integrated transportation, distribution and logistics company, today declared its financial results for the fifteen months period ended March 31, 2013, at its Board Meeting held in Mumbai.
The Company has changed its Accounting year to commence from 1st April of every year and to end on 31st March of the following year, to proactively comply with the proposed Companies Bill 2012. Consequent to this, the current accounting period is for the fifteen months period from 1st January, 2012 to 31st March, 2013.
The company posted Rs. 188.66 crores profit after tax for the fifteen months period ended 31st March, 2013. Income from operations for the fifteen months period ended 31st March, 2013 stood at Rs. 2,162.06 million.
Anil Khanna, Managing Director, Blue Dart Express Limited said, "Inspite of the challenging macro-economic environment, we will continue to invest in our customers. Blue Dart continues to enjoy high Customer Satisfaction and Net Promoter Scores in the industry which is a validation of our service excellence and customer delight."
He further added, "Blue Dart stands for Quality, Consistency, Reliability, Passion and Commitment. I thank every Blue Darter, associates, our customers and stakeholders for their support and trust in our brand. We are delighted to serve in 'Blue Dart Country' with a business and human conscience to remain the customer's First Choice".
During the fifteen months period ended March 31, 2013, Blue Dart handled over 141.7 million domestic shipments, 1 million international shipments and over 594,900 tonnes of documents and parcels across the nation and 220 countries worldwide.
The Board of Directors has recommended a dividend of Rs. 71/- per share for the fifteen months period ended 31st March, 2013.
About Blue Dart:
Blue Dart Express Ltd., South Asia's premier express air and integrated transportation & distribution company, offers secure and reliable delivery of consignments to over 33,739 locations in India. As part of the DP DHL Group (DHL Express, DHL Global Forwarding & DHL Supply Chain), Blue Dart accesses the largest and most comprehensive express and logistics network worldwide, covering over 220 countries and territories and offers an entire spectrum of distribution services including air express, freight forwarding supply chain solutions and customs clearance.
The Blue Dart team drives market leadership through its motivated people force, dedicated air and ground capacity, cutting-edge technology, wide range of innovative, vertical specific products and value-added services to deliver unmatched standards of service quality to its customers. Blue Dart's market leadership is further validated by numerous awards and recognitions from customers for exhibiting reliability, superior brand experience and sustainability. Some of these include SUPERBRAND and 'Reader's Digest Most Trusted Brand Gold Award' 7 years in a row, one of 'India's Best Companies to Work For' by The Great Place to Workﾮ Institute thrice successively, 'Outstanding Contribution to the Cause of Education' - Global HR Excellence Awards 2011-2012, BSE Best CSR Practice Award and 22nd CFBP Jamnalal Bajaj Fair Business Practices Award - 2010 in the category of Service Enterprises (Medium) to name a few.
Blue Dart accepts its social responsibility by supporting climate protection (GoGreen), disaster management (GoHelp) and education (GoTeach).
BLUE DART EXPRESS LIMITED
Results for the Fifteen Months Period Ended 31/03/2013 (Rs in Lacs)
Standalone Statement of Assets and Liabilities as
(Rs in Lacs)
|BLUE DART EXPRESS LIMITED||BLUE DART EXPRESS LIMITED||BLUE DART EXPRESS LIMITED||BLUE DART EXPRESS LIMITED||BLUE DART EXPRESS LIMITED||CONSOLIDATED||CONSOLIDATED|
|Particulars||Quarter Ended 31/03/2013(Unaudited)||Quarter Ended 31/12/2012(Unaudited)||Quarter Ended 31/03/2012(Unaudited)||Fifteen Months Period Ended 31/03/2013(Audited)||Year Ended 31/12/2011(Audited)||Fifteen Months Period Ended 31/03/2013(Audited)||Year Ended 31/12/2011(Audited)||Particulars||As at 31/03/2013(Audited)||As at 31/12/2011(Audited)|
|1.||Income from operations||A. EQUITY AND LIABILITIES|
|(a)Net Sales / income from operations||44,543||45,835||41,091||216,206||148,960||216,726||149,227||1.Shareholders'funds|
|(b)Other operating income||56||103||44||445||311||445||311||(a)Share Capital||2,376||2,376|
|Total income from operations(net)||44,599||45,938||41,135||216,651||149,271||217,171||149,538||(b)Reserves and surplus||62,593||63,437|
|2||Expenses||Sub-total - Shareholder's funds||64,969||65,813|
|(a)Freight,handling and servicing costs(net)||29,326||28,458||27,867||141,023||100,107||141,070||100,152||2. Non-current liabilities|
|(b)Employee benefits expense||5,985||6,296||5,338||29,828||19,078||30,019||19,230||(a)Deferred tax liabilities(net)||1,486||1,824|
|(c)Depreciation and amortisaton expense||548||682||732||3,448||2,160||3,472||2,178||(b)Other long-term liabilities||-||-|
|(d)Other expenses||3,746||4,819||3,465||19,170||12,153||19,199||12,171||(c)Long-term provision||1,235||849|
|Total expenses||39,605||40,255||37,402||193,469||133,498||193,760||133,731||Sub-total - Non-current liabilities||2,721||2,673|
|3.||Profit From operations before other income,finance costs and exceptional items||4,994||5,683||3,733||23,182||15,773||23,411||15,807||3. Current liabilities|
|4.||Other income||842||841||678||3,941||2,115||3,999||2,174||(a)Trade payables||7,288||5,291|
|5.||Profit from ordinary activities before finance costs and exceptional items||5,836||6,524||4,411||27,123||17,888||27,410||17,981||(b)Other current liabilities||8,791||9,351|
|6.||Finance costs||1||1||(c)Short term provisions||20,246||588|
|7.||Profit from ordinary activities after finance costs but before exceptional items||5,836||6,524||4,411||27,122||17,888||27,409||17,981||Sub-total - Current liabilities||36,325||15,230|
|8.||Exceptional items||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||TOTAL-EQUITY AND LIABILITIES||104,015||83,716|
|9.||Profit from ordinary activities before tax||5,836||6,524||4,411||27,122||17,888||27,409||17,981||B. ASSETS|
|10.||Tax expense||1,661||2,023||1,503||8,256||5,664||8,338||5,703||1. Non-current assets|
|11.||Net Profit from ordinary activities after tax||4,175||4,501||2,908||18,866||12,224||19,071||12,278||(a)Fixed assets||23,246||23,560|
|12.||Extraordinary items (net of tax expense)||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||(b)Non-current investments||1,977||1,977|
|13.||Share of Associate's Profit||257||141||(c)Long-term loans and advances||26,782||27,298|
|14.||Net Profit for the period||4,175||4,501||2,908||18,866||12,224||19,328||12,419||(d)Other non-current assets||26||15|
|15.||Paid-up equity share capital( Face value Rs 10/- per share)||2,373||2,373||2,373||2,373||2,373||2,373||2,373||Sub-total - Non current assets||52,031||52,850|
|16.||Reserves excluding Revaluation Reserve as per Balance Sheet of previous accounting year||62,593||63,437||63,615||63,997||2. Current assets|
|17.i||Earnings per share(before extraordinary items)(of Rs.10/- each)||(a)Current investments||-||5,170|
|17ii.||Earnings per share(after extraordinary items)(of Rs.10/- each)||(d)Cash and Bank balances||23,649||3,756|
|(a)Basic||17.60||18.96||12.26||79.51||51.52||81.46||52.34||(e)Short-term loans and advances||5,354||2,702|
|(b)Diluted||17.60||18.96||12.26||79.51||51.52||81.46||52.34||(f)Other current assets||25||78|
|PART II||Sub-total - Current assets||51,984||30,866|
|A||PARTICULARS OF SHAREHOLDING||TOTAL-ASSETS||104,015||83,716|
|-Number of shares||5,931,984||5,931,984||4,500,047||5,931,984||4,500,047|
|-Percentage of shareholding||25.00||25.00||18.97||25.00||18.97|
|2.||Promoters and Promoter Group Shareholding|
|-Number of shares||-||-||-||-||-|
|-Percentage of shares(as a % of the total shareholding of promoter and promoter group)||-||-||-||-||-|
|-Percentage of shares(as a % of the total share capital of the company)||-||-||-||-||-|
|-Number of shares||17,795,950||17,795,950||19,227,887||17,795,950||19,227,887|
|-Percentage of shares(as a % of the total shareholding of the promoter and promoter group)||100||100||100||100||100|
|-Percentage of shares(as a % of the total share capital of the company)||75.00||75.00||81.03||75.00||81.03|
|Particulars||3 months ended 31/03/2013|
|Pending at the beginning of the quarter||-|
|Received during the quarter||1|
|Disposed of during the quarter||1|
|Remaining unresolved at the end of the quarter||-|
- The Company has changed its Accounting year to commence from 1st April of every year and to end on 31st March of the following year, to proactively comply with the proposed Companies Bill 2012. Consequent to this, the current accounting period is for the fifteen months period from January 1 ,2012 to March 31,2013.
- Net Sales/income from operations (inclusive of fuel surcharge) has recorded an increase of 8.40 % for the quarter ended March, 2013 as compared to the corresponding quarter of the previous year.
- The Board of Directors have recommended a dividend of Rs.71/-per share for the fifteen months period ended March 31,2013.
- Pursuant to reclassification of an amount of Rs.2,016 lacs from Computers and Computer software,into self generated software,depreciation charge during the current quarter ended March 31, 2013 is lower by Rs.156 Lacs vis-a'- vis corresponding previous quarter.
- On November 23, 2012 DHL Express (Singapore) Pte. Ltd. reduced its promoter shareholding in the Company to 75% to comply with the minimum 25% public shareholding requirements as set out in Rule 19(2)(b) of the Securities Contracts (Regulation) Rules, 1957, as amended.
- The Company is primarily engaged in a single segment business of integrated air and ground transportation and distribution of time sensitive packages in India and is managed as one entity for its various service offerings and is governed by a similar set of risks and returns. The said treatment is in accordance with the guiding principles enunciated in the Accounting Standard on Segment Reporting (AS-17) as notified under Section 211(3C) of the Companies Act, 1956.
- The Consolidated Financial results represent those of Blue Dart Express Limited and its Wholly Owned Subsidiary Company, Concorde Air Logistics Limited. The Company has consolidated its results based on the Accounting Standard on Consolidation of Financial Statements (AS-21) as notified under section 211(3C) of the Companies Act, 1956. The 49% holding in Blue Dart Aviation Limited, its Associate Company has been consolidated in accordance with the Accounting Standard on Accounting for Investments in Associates in Consolidated Financial Statements (AS-23) as notified under section 211(3C) of the Companies Act, 1956.
- The results for the quarter ended March 31, 2013 are the balancing figures between audited figures in respect of the fifteen months period ended March 31, 2013 and the published year to date figures up to twelve months period ended December 31, 2012 of the current financial period.
- The prior period's figures have been regrouped and reclassified wherever necessary to conform to current period's classification.
- The above results were reviewed by the Audit Committee and were thereafter approved by the Board at its meeting held on May 02, 2013. There are no qualifications in the Auditors' Report issued for the fifteen months period ended March 31, 2013
By Order of the Board
For Blue Dart Express Limited
Date : May 02,2013
Place : Mumbai
For further information contact :
Dated : May 02,2013