Blue Dart Sales at Rs. 621.37 crores
- The Company posted Rs. 44.08 crores profit after tax
Mumbai : July 28, 2016
Blue Dart Express Limited, South Asia's premier express air and integrated transportation, distribution and logistics Company, today declared its financial results for the quarter ended June 30, 2016, at its Board Meeting held in Mumbai.
The company posted Rs. 44.08 crores profit after tax for the quarter ended June 30, 2016. Net Sales/Income from operations for the quarter ended June 30, 2016 stood at Rs. 621.37 crores.
Anil Khanna, Managing Director, Blue Dart said, "Our focus on delivering a positive customer experience and delight is unwavering. Our people and strategy is aligned to cater to India's express logistics requirements. Despite a restrained macro-economic environment, our commitment to India's business has been strengthened with our continued investments in technology, aviation and ground infrastructure, focus on core express products/services in air, ground and e-tail".
He adds, "Blue Dart was once again ranked as one of India's Best Companies to Work for in 2016 by Great Place to Work Institute, India. The company was ranked 17th amongst Top 50 of India's Best Companies to Work, up by 7 positions from our 2014 ranking of 24th. Blue Dart continues to be a Superbrand for the 8th consecutive year and Reader's Digest Most Trusted Brand for the 10th consecutive time".
About Blue Dart:
Blue Dart Express Ltd., South Asia's premier express air and integrated transportation & distribution company, offers secure and reliable delivery of consignments to over 34,810 locations in India. As part of the DP DHL Group's (DHL Express, DHL Global Forwarding & DHL Supply Chain) Post - eCommerce - Parcel (PeP) division, Blue Dart accesses the largest and most comprehensive express and logistics network worldwide, covering over 220 countries and territories and offers an entire spectrum of distribution services including air express, freight forwarding, supply chain solutions and customs clearance.
The Blue Dart team drives market leadership through its motivated people force, dedicated air and ground capacity, cutting-edge technology, wide range of innovative, vertical specific products and value-added services to deliver unmatched standards of service quality to its customers. Blue Dart's market leadership is further validated by numerous awards and recognitions from customers for exhibiting reliability, superior brand experience and sustainability which include recognition as one of 'India's Best Companies to Work For' by The Great Place to Workﾮ Institute, amongst the Top 25 Best Employers in India 2016 by AON Hewitt, voted as a Superbrand, listed as one of Fortune 500's India's Largest Corporations and Forbes India's Super 50 Companies and voted Reader's Digest Most Trusted Brand to name a few.
Blue Dart accepts its social responsibility by supporting climate protection (GoGreen), disaster management (GoHelp) and education (GoTeach).
BLUE DART EXPRESS LIMITED
Regd.Office : Blue Dart Centre,Sahar Airport Road, Andher(East), Mumbai - 400 099.
Tel: 28396444 Fax: 28244131 Website: www.bluedart.com e-Mail id: firstname.lastname@example.org
(All figures are in Rs.Lacs)
Statement of Standalone Unaudited Financial Results for the Quarter Ended
|Particulars||Quarter Ended30-06-2016(Unaudited)||Quarter Ended 31-03-2016(Unaudited)||QuarterEnded 30-06-2015(Unaudited)|
|1.||Income from operations|
|(a)Net Sales/income from operations||62,137||62,967||61,686|
|(b)Other operating income||-||-||3|
|Total income from operations(net)||62,137||62,967||61,689|
|(a)Freight,handling and servicing costs(net)||38,099||39,344||38,489|
|(b)Employee benefits expense||9,934||9,692||9,180|
|(c)Depreciation and amortisation expense||1,088||1,065||931|
|3.||Profit from operations before other income,finance costs and exceptional items||6,620||6,005||6,801|
|5.||Profit before finance costs and exceptional items||7,451||7,153||7,561|
|7.||Profit before exceptional items||6,677||6,385||6,785|
|9.||Profit before tax||6,677||6,385||6,785|
|11.||Net Profit for the period||4,408||4,250||4,472|
|12.||Other comprehensive income, net of income tax|
|(a) items that will not be recalssifed to profit or loss||(153)|
|(b)items that will be reclassified to profit or loss|
|Total other comprehensive income,net of income tax||(153)|
|13.||Total comprehensive income for the period||4,408||4,097||4,472|
|14.||Paid-up equity share capital (Face value Rs.10/- per share)||2,373||2,373||2,373|
|15.||Earnings per share(of Rs.10/-each)(not annualised)|
- Net Sales/income from operations (inclusive of fuel surcharge and currency adjustment factor) has recorded a marginal increase for the quarter ended June 30, 2016 as compared to corresponding quarter of the previous year with softening trends observed in etail market.
- The financial results are prepared in accordance with the Companies (Indian Accounting Standards) Rules, 2015 (Ind As) as prescribed under section 133 of the Companies Act, 2013 and other recognised accounting practices and policies as applicable. Beginning April 1, 2016, the company has adopted for the first time Ind AS with a transition date of April 1, 2015.
- The reconciliation between net profit or loss reported in accordance with Indian GAAP (previous GAAP) and Ind AS
- The Company is primarily engaged in a single segment business, within the same geography, of integrated air and ground transportation and distribution of time sensitive packages in India and is managed as one entity for its various service offerings and is governed by a similar set of risks and returns. The said treatment is in accordance with the guiding principles enunciated in the Ind AS 108 on Operating Segment as notified under Section 211(3C) [Companies (Accounting Standards) Rules, 2006, as amended] of the Companies Act, 1956, pursuant to Section 133 of the Companies Act, 2013 read with Rule 7 of the Companies (Accounts) Rules, 2014.
- The Ind AS compliant comparative figures for the quarter ended March 31, 2016 and for the quarter ended June 30, 2015 have not been subjected to review/audit. However, the Company's management has exercised necessary due diligence to ensure that such financial results provide a true and fair view of its affairs.
- In accordance with the requirements of Regulation 33 of the SEBI (Listing and Other Disclosure Requirements) Regulations, 2015, the Statutory Auditors have performed a limited review of the Company's financial results for the quarter ended June 30, 2016. There are no qualifications in the limited review report issued for the above period.
- The above results were reviewed by the Audit Committee and were thereafter approved by the Board at its meeting held on July 28,2016.
By Order of the Board
For Blue Dart Express Limited
Date : July 28,2016
Place : Mumbai
For further information contact :
Dated : July 28, 2016