Blue Dart Sales at Rs. 652.31 crores
- The Company posted Rs. 50.05 cr profit after tax
Mumbai, February 10, 2016
Blue Dart Express Limited, South Asia's premier express air and integrated transportation, distribution and logistics company, today declared its financial results for the quarter ended December 31, 2015, at its Board Meeting held in Mumbai.
The company posted Rs. 50.05 crores profit after tax for the quarter ended December 31, 2015. Net Sales/Income from operations for the quarter ended December 31, 2015 stood at Rs. 652.31 crores.
Anil Khanna, Managing Director, Blue Dart Express Limited said, "The economy has had a fair share of challenges this quarter which has decelerated growth for the express industry. Blue Dart has been able to sustain the growth momentum in its performance and has shown a modest growth in revenues by effectively optimizing costs. Our commitment to deliver excellent service quality, high customer satisfaction and innovative methods to enhance our service offerings in Blue Dart Country has been persistent. We will continue to bring immense value to internal and external stakeholders by incorporating high benchmarks and quality standards in every aspect of business and remain the undisputed leader in the air and ground express industry in Blue Dart country".
He further added, "Blue Dart continues to be one of the most admired and awarded companies in India. Blue Dart was recently honoured as the Reader's Digest Most Trusted Brand - Gold, Superbrand and was awarded the Cargo Service Provider of the Year by Economic Times & KPMG lead ET Logistics Awards".
About Blue Dart: Blue Dart Express Ltd., South Asia's premier express air and integrated transportation & distribution company, offers secure and reliable delivery of consignments to over 34,718 locations in India. As part of the DP DHL Group (DHL Express, DHL Global Forwarding & DHL Supply Chain), Blue Dart accesses the largest and most comprehensive express and logistics network worldwide, covering over 220 countries and territories and offers an entire spectrum of distribution services including air express, freight forwarding, supply chain solutions and customs clearance.
The Blue Dart team drives market leadership through its motivated people force, dedicated air and ground capacity, cutting-edge technology, wide range of innovative, vertical specific products and value-added services to deliver unmatched standards of service quality to its customers. Blue Dart's market leadership is further validated by numerous awards and recognitions from customers for exhibiting reliability, superior brand experience and sustainability. Some of these include Superbrand and 'Reader's Digest Most Trusted Brand Award', one of 'India's Best Companies to Work For' by The Great Place to Workﾮ Institute five times in a row, 'Outstanding Contribution to the Cause of Education' - Global HR Excellence Awards 2011-2012, BSE Best CSR Practice Award and 22nd CFBP Jamnalal Bajaj Fair Business Practices Award - 2010 in the category of Service Enterprises (Medium) to name a few.
Blue Dart accepts its social responsibility by supporting climate protection (GoGreen), disaster management (GoHelp) and education (GoTeach).
BLUE DART EXPRESS LIMITED
Regd.Office : Blue Dart Centre,Sahar Airport Road, Andher(East), Mumbai - 400 099.
Tel: 28396444 Fax: 28244131 Website: www.bluedart.com e-Mail id: email@example.com
(Rs in Lakhs)
Statement of Standalone Unaudited Results for the Quarter and Nine Months Ended
|Particulars||Quarter Ended 31/12/2015(Unaudited)||Quarter Ended 30/09/2015(Unaudited)||Quarter Ended 31/12/2014(Unaudited)||Nine Months Ended 31/12/2015(Unaudited)||Nine Months Period 31/12/2014(Unaudited)||Year Ended 31/03/2015(Audited)|
|1.||Income from operations|
|(a)Net Sales/income from operations||65,231||65,144||58,885||192,335||169,745||226,845|
|(b)Other operating income||70||2||77||4||5|
|Total income from operations(net)||65,301||65,146||58,887||192,412||169,749||226,850|
|(a)Freight,handling and servicing costs(net)||39,208||39,882||40,585||117,631||115,592||151,724|
|(b)Employee benefits expense||11,074||9,586||8,181||29,840||23,631||31,945|
|(c)Depreciation and amortisation expense||1,015||977||1,029||2,915||3,062||4,354|
|3.||Profit from operations before other income,finance costs and exceptional items||7,933||8,298||3,809||23,372||12,531||18,029|
|5.||Profit from ordinary activities before finance costs and exceptional items||8,593||8,854||4,412||25,190||14,459||20,477|
|7.||Profit from ordinary activities after finance costs but before exceptional items||7,809||8,068||4,060||22,844||14,106||19,356|
|9.||Profit from ordinary activities before tax||7,809||8,068||4,060||22,844||14,106||19,356|
|11.||Net Profit from ordinary activities after tax||5,005||5,375||2,713||14,939||9,210||12,684|
|12.||Extraordinary items (net of tax expense)|
|13.||Net Profit for the period||5,005||5,375||2,713||14,939||9,210||12,684|
|14.||Paid-up equity share capital(Face value Rs 10/- per share)||2,373||2,373||2,373||2,373||2,373||2,373|
|15.||Reserves excluding Revaluation Reserve as per Balance Sheet of previous accounting year||27,334|
|16.i||Earnings per share(before extraordinary items)(of Rs.10/- each)(not annualised)|
|16ii.||Earnings per share(after extraordinary items)(of Rs.10/- each)(not annualised)|
- Net Sales/income from operations (inclusive of fuel surcharge and currency adjustment factor) has recorded an increase of 10.78% for the quarter ended December 31, 2015 as compared to the corresponding quarter of the previous year.
- The Company is primarily engaged in a single segment business of integrated air and ground transportation and distribution of time sensitive packages in India and is managed as one entity for its various service offerings and is governed by a similar set of risks and returns. The said treatment is in accordance with the guiding principles enunciated in the Accounting Standard on Segment Reporting (AS-17) as notified under Section 211(3C) [Companies (Accounting Standards) Rules, 2006, as amended] of the Companies Act, 1956, pursuant to Section 133 of the Companies Act, 2013 read with Rule 7 of the Companies (Accounts) Rules, 2014.
- The prior period's figures have been regrouped and reclassified wherever necessary to conform to current period's classification.
- In accordance with the requirements of Regulation 33 of the SEBI (Listing and Other Disclosure Requirements) Regulations, 2015, the Statutory Auditors have performed a limited review of the Company's financial results for the quarter ended December 31, 2015. There are no qualifications in the limited review report issued for the above period.
- The above results were reviewed by the Audit Committee and were thereafter approved by the Board at its meeting held on February 10, 2016.
By Order of the Board
For Blue Dart Express Limited
Date : February 10, 2016
Place : Mumbai
For further information contact :
Dated : February 10, 2016