Blue Dart Sales at Rs 619.60 crores
- The Company posted Rs. 45.59 cr profit after tax
Mumbai : July 29, 2015
Blue Dart Express Limited, South Asia's premier express air and integrated transportation, distribution and logistics company, today declared its financial results for the quarter ended June 30, 2015, at its Board Meeting held in Mumbai.
The company posted Rs. 45.59 crores profit after tax for the quarter ended June 30, 2015. Net Sales/Income from operations for the quarter ended June 30, 2015 stood at Rs. 619.60 crores.
Anil Khanna, Managing Director, Blue Dart Express Limited said, "The macroeconomic environment continues to be sluggish, which has further stifled the growth of our industry. Despite this, we have worked on constant innovation by strengthening our product portfolio to serve our customers with solutions that match up to meet their dynamic and evolving business needs. We are committed to serve Blue Dart country and sustain our leadership position in the air and ground express segments through the widest range of innovative products and services, dedicated air and ground infrastructure, superior technology and passionate people force".
"We will continue to be a insanely customer centric brand and focus on the 'I love my Blue Dart' brand campaign throughout the year to enable us to deliver superior brand experience".
He further added, "Blue Dart recently featured in the list of India's Super 50 Companies by Forbes India, selected as one of India's No. 1 Consumer validated Brand 2014 and listed as one of the Top 11 Best Employers in India - 2015 in a study conducted by AON Hewitt".
About Blue Dart: Blue Dart Express Ltd., South Asia's premier express air and integrated transportation & distribution company, offers secure and reliable delivery of consignments to over 34,276 locations in India. As part of the DP DHL Group (DHL Express, DHL Global Forwarding & DHL Supply Chain), Blue Dart accesses the largest and most comprehensive express and logistics network worldwide, covering over 220 countries and territories and offers an entire spectrum of distribution services including air express, freight forwarding, supply chain solutions and customs clearance.
The Blue Dart team drives market leadership through its motivated people force, dedicated air and ground capacity, cutting-edge technology, wide range of innovative, vertical specific products and value-added services to deliver unmatched standards of service quality to its customers. Blue Dart's market leadership is further validated by numerous awards and recognitions from customers for exhibiting reliability, superior brand experience and sustainability. Some of these include Superbrand and 'Reader's Digest Most Trusted Brand Award', one of 'India's Best Companies to Work For' by The Great Place to Workﾮ Institute five times in a row, 'Outstanding Contribution to the Cause of Education' - Global HR Excellence Awards 2011-2012, BSE Best CSR Practice Award and 22nd CFBP Jamnalal Bajaj Fair Business Practices Award - 2010 in the category of Service Enterprises (Medium) to name a few.
Blue Dart accepts its social responsibility by supporting climate protection (GoGreen), disaster management (GoHelp) and education (GoTeach).
BLUE DART EXPRESS LIMITED
Regd.Office : Blue Dart Centre,Sahar Airport Road, Andher(East), Mumbai - 400 099.
Tel: 28396444 Fax: 28244131 Website: www.bluedart.com e-Mail id: email@example.com
PART I(All figures are in Rs.Lacs)
Statement of Standalone Unaudited Results for the Quarter and Nine Months Ended
|Particulars||Quarter Ended 30-06-2015(Unaudited)||Quarter Ended 31-03-2015(Unaudited)||Quarter Ended 30-06-2014(Unaudited))||Year Ended 31-03-2015(Audited)|
|1.||Income from operations|
|(a)Net Sales/income from operations||61,960||57,100||52,694||226,845|
|(b)Other operating income||5||1||1||5|
|Total income from operations(net)||61,965||57,101||52,695||226,850|
|(a)Freight,handling and servicing costs(net)||38,541||36,132||34,935||151,724|
|(b)Employee benefits expense||9,180||8,314||7,513||31,945|
|(c)Depreciation and amortisation expense||923||1,292||963||4,354|
|3.||Profit from operations before other income,finance costs and exceptional items||7,132||5,498||4,735||18,029|
|5.||Profit from ordinary activities before finance costs and exceptional items||7,743||6,018||5,396||20,477|
|7.||Profit from ordinary activities after finance costs but before exceptional items||6,967||5,250||5,395||19,356|
|9.||Profit from ordinary activities before tax||6,967||5,250||5,395||19,356|
|11.||Net Profit from ordinary activities after tax||4,559||3,474||3,416||12,684|
|12.||Extraordinary items (net of tax expense)||-||-||-||-|
|13.||Net Profit for the period||4,559||3,474||3,416||12,684|
|14.||Paid-up equity share capital ( Face value Rs 10/- per share)||2,373||2,373||2,373||2,373|
|15.||Reserves excluding Revaluation Reserve as per balance sheet of previous accounting period||27,334|
|16.i||Earnings per share(before extraordinary items)(of Rs 10/- each)(not annualised)|
|16ii.||Earnings per share(after extraordinary items)(of Rs.10/- each)(not annualised)|
|A||PARTICULARS OF SHAREHOLDING|
|-Number of shares||5,931,984||5,931,984||5,931,984||5,931,984|
|-Percentage of shareholding||25||25||25||25|
|2.||Promoters and Promoter Group Shareholding|
|-Number of shares||-||-||-||-|
|-Percentage of shares (as a % of the total shareholding of promoter and promoter group)||-||-||-||-|
|-Percentage of shares (as a % of the total Share capital of the company)||-||-||-||-|
|-Number of shares||17,795,950||17,795,950||17,795,950||17,795,950|
|-Percentage of shares (as a % of the total shareholding of the promoter and promoter group)||100||100||100||100|
|-Percentage of shares (as a % of the total share capital of the company)||75||75||75||75|
|Particulars||3 months ended 30/06/2015|
|Pending at the beginning of the quarter||-|
|Received during the quarter||1|
|Disposed of during the quarter||1|
|Remaining unresolved at the end of the quarter||-|
- Net Sales/income from operations(inclusive of fuel surcharge and currency adjustment factor)has recorded an increase of 17.58% for the quarter ended June 30,2015 as compared to the corresponding quarter of the previous year.
- During the quarter ended June 30,2015 the Company acquired 5,040,000 equity shares of Blue Dart Aviaion Limited and thereby increased its holding from 49% to 70%, consequently, Blue Dart Aviation Limited became Subsidiary of the Company with the effect from June 22, 2015. The Company acquired additional 960,000 equity shares on July 29, 2015 and enhanced its holding to 74%.
- As a prudent practice,during the quarter Company has provided Rs.438 lacs under other expenses towards impairment of the aircraft being 'held for sale'.
- The Company is primarily engaged in a single segment business of integrated air and ground transportation and distribution of time sensitive packages in India and is managed as one entity for its various service offerings and is governed by a similar set of risks and returns. The said treatment is in accordance with the guiding principles enunciated in the Accounting Standard on Segment Reporting (AS-17) as notified under Section 211(3C)[Companies(Accounting Standards) Rules,2006, as amended]of the Companies Act,1956,pursuant to section 133 of the Comapnies Act,2013 read with Rule 7 of the Companies(Accounts)Rules,2014.
- The prior period's figures have been regrouped and reclassified wherever necessary to conform to current period's classification.
- In accordance with the requirements of Clause 41 of the Listing Agreement with the Stock Exchanges, the Statutory Auditors have performed a limited review of the Company's financial results for the quarter ended June 30, 2015. There are no qualifications in the limited review report issued for the above quarter.
- The above results were reviewed by the Audit Committee and were thereafter approved by the Board at its meeting held on July 29,2015.
By Order of the Board
For Blue Dart Express Limited
Date : July 29,2015
Place : Mumbai
For further information contact :
Dated : July 29, 2015