Blue Dart Sales at Rs. 453.19 crores
- The Company posted Rs. 40.65 cr profit after tax
Mumbai : July 23, 2013
Blue Dart Express Limited, South Asia's number one express air and integrated transportation, distribution and logistics company, today declared its financial results for the quarter ended June 30, 2013, at its Board Meeting held in Mumbai.
The company posted Rs. 40.65 crores profit after tax for the quarter ended June 30, 2013. Income from operations for the quarter ended June 30, 2013 stood at Rs. 453.19 crores.
Anil Khanna, Managing Director, Blue Dart Express Limited said, "Since inception, Blue Dart has focussed on being a customer centric brand and will continue to concentrate on delivering world-class service quality, experience and maintain our reliability quotient. Blue Dart will continue to focus on product innovation, reach expansion, transit time improvements, small town (Tier-II and III) activation and strengthening channels."
He further added, "Recently Blue Dart has been the proud recipient of 2 prestigious recognitions - 'Reader's Digest Most Trusted Award - Platinum' and one of 'India's Best Companies To Work' (Rank 10). Both these awards are a validation of our customer centricity, People First philosophy and commitment to Blue Dart Country."
About Blue Dart:
Blue Dart Express Ltd., South Asia's premier express air and integrated transportation & distribution company, offers secure and reliable delivery of consignments to over 32,751 locations in India. As part of the DP DHL Group (DHL Express, DHL Global Forwarding & DHL Supply Chain), Blue Dart accesses the largest and most comprehensive express and logistics network worldwide, covering over 220 countries and territories and offers an entire spectrum of distribution services including air express, freight forwarding supply chain solutions and customs clearance.
The Blue Dart team drives market leadership through its motivated people force, dedicated air and ground capacity, cutting-edge technology, wide range of innovative, vertical specific products and value-added services to deliver unmatched standards of service quality to its customers. Blue Dart's market leadership is further validated by numerous awards and recognitions from customers for exhibiting reliability, superior brand experience and sustainability. Some of these include SUPERBRAND and 'Reader's Digest Most Trusted Brand Gold Award' 8 years in a row, one of 'India's Best Companies to Work For' by The Great Place to Workﾮ Institute four time in a row, 'Outstanding Contribution to the Cause of Education' - Global HR Excellence Awards 2011-2012, BSE Best CSR Practice Award and 22nd CFBP Jamnalal Bajaj Fair Business Practices Award - 2010 in the category of Service Enterprises (Medium) to name a few.
Blue Dart accepts its social responsibility by supporting climate protection (GoGreen), disaster management (GoHelp) and education (GoTeach).
BLUE DART EXPRESS LIMITED
PART I(All figures are in Rs.Lacs)
Statement of Standalone Unaudited Financial Results for the Quarter Ended
|Particulars||Quarter Ended 30-06-2013(Unaudited)||Quarter Ended 31-03-2013(Unaudited)||Quarter Ended 30-06-2012(Unaudited)||Fifteen Months Period Ended 31-03-2013(Audited)|
|1.||Income from operations|
|(a)Net Sales / income from operations||45,319||44,543||43,006||216,206|
|(b)Other operating income||33||56||165||445|
|Total income from operations(net)||45,352||44,599||43,171||216,651|
|(a)Freight,handling and servicing costs(net)||30,231||29,326||27,724||141,023|
|(b)Employee benefits expense||6,385||5,985||6,150||29,828|
|(c)Depreciation and amortisaton expense||673||548||741||3,448|
|3.||Profit From operations before other income,finance costs and exceptional items||4,162||4,994||5,003||23,182|
|5.||Profit from ordinary activities before finance costs and exceptional items||6,010||5,836||5,805||27,123|
|7.||Profit from ordinary activities after finance costs but before exceptional items||6,009||5,836||5,805||27,122|
|9.||Profit from ordinary activities before tax||6,009||5,836||5,805||27,122|
|11.||Net Profit from ordinary activities after tax||4,065||4,175||4,063||18,886|
|12.||Extraordinary items (net of tax expense)||-||-||-||-|
|13.||Net Profit for the period||4,065||4,175||4,063||18,866|
|14.||Paid-up equity share capital ( Face value Rs 10/- per share)||2,373||2,373||2,373||2,373|
|15.||Reserves excluding Revaluation Reserve as per Balance Sheet of previous accounting year||62,593|
|16.i||Earnings per share(before extraordinary items)(of Rs.10/- each)(not annualised)|
|16ii.||Earnings per share(after extraordinary items)(of Rs.10/- each)(not annualised)|
|A||PARTICULARS OF SHAREHOLDING|
|-Number of shares||5,931,984||5,931,984||4,500,047||5,931,984|
|-Percentage of shareholding||25.00||25.00||18.97||25.00|
|2.||Promoters and Promoter Group Shareholding|
|-Number of shares||-||-||-||-|
|-Percentage of shares (as a % of the total shareholding of promoter and promoter group)||-||-||-||-|
|-Percentage of shares (as a % of the total Share capital of the company)||-||-||-||-|
|-Number of shares||17,795,950||17,795,950||19,227,887||17,795,950|
|-Percentage of shares (as a % of the total shareholding of the promoter and promoter group)||100||100||100||100|
|-Percentage of shares (as a % of the total share capital of the company)||75.00||75.00||81.03||75.00|
|Particulars||3 months ended 30/06/2013|
|Pending at the beginning of the quarter||-|
|Received during the quarter||3|
|Disposed of during the quarter||3|
|Remaining unresolved at the end of the quarter||-|
- Net Sales/income from operations(inclusive of fuel surcharge) has recorded an increase of 5.38% for the quarter ended June 30,2013 as compared to the corresponding quarter of the previous year.
- The Company has changed its Accounting year to commence from 1st April of every year and to end on 31st March of the following year,to proactively comply with the proposed Companies Bill 2012.Consequent to this,the previous accounting period was for fifteen month period from January 1,2012 to March 31,2013.
- On November 23,2012 the DHL Express(Singapore) Pte.Ltd. reduced its promoter shareholding in the Company to 75% to comply with the minimum 25% public shareholding requirements as set out in Rule 19(2)(b)of the Securities Contracts(Regulation)Rules,1957,as amended.
- The Company is primarily engaged in a single segment business of integrated air and ground transportation and distribution of time sensitive packages in India and is managed as one entity for its various service offerings and is governed by a similar set of risks and returns. The said treatment is in accordance with the guiding principles enunciated in the Accounting Standard on Segment Reporting(AS-17)as notified under Section 211(3C)of the Companies Act,1956.
- The results for the quarter ended March 31,2013 are the balancing figures between audited figures in respect of the fifteen months period ended March 31,2013 and the published year to date figures upto twelve months period ended December 31,2012 of the previous financial period.
- The prior period's figures have been regrouped and reclassified wherever necessary to conform to current period's classification.
- In accordance with the requirements of Clause 41 of the Listing Agreement with the Stock Exchanges,the Statutory Auditors have performed a limited review of the Company's financial results for the quarter ended June 30, 2013. There are no qualifications in the limited review report issued for the above quarter.
- The above results were reviewed by the Audit Committee and were thereafter approved by the Board at its meeting held on July 23,2013.
By Order of the Board
For Blue Dart Express Limited
Date : July 23,2013
Place : Mumbai
For further information contact :
Date : July 23,2013