Blue Dart Sales at Rs. 1,716.63 crores
- The Company posted Rs. 146.91 cr profit after tax
Mumbai : January 29, 2013
Blue Dart Express Limited, South Asia's number one express air and integrated transportation, distribution and logistics company, today declared its financial results for the quarter and twelve months period ended December 31, 2012, at its Board Meeting held in Mumbai.
The company posted Rs. 146.91 crores profit after tax for the twelve months ended December 31, 2012, an increase of Rs. 24.67 million growth in profit over 2011. Income from operations for the twelve months ended December 31, 2012 stood at Rs. 1,716.63 crores.
Anil Khanna, Managing Director, Blue Dart Express Limited said, "Over the years, Blue Dart has evolved to become synonymous with reliability and trustworthiness. We consciously made an effort to bond with our customers and deliver quality, value, speed, efficiency, responsiveness and service experience. We have worked as one team with grit and determination to overcome challenges largely driven by a slowdown and worst GDP growth in a decade. We would like to thank our customers, employees, shareholders, partners and all other stakeholders for their commitment and support."
The Company has changed its Accounting year to commence from 1st April of every year and to end on 31st March of the following year, to proactively comply with the proposed Companies Bill 2012. Consequent to this, the current accounting period would be for the fifteen month period from January 1, 2012 to March 31, 2013.
About Blue Dart:
Blue Dart Express Ltd., South Asia's premier express air and integrated transportation & distribution company, offers secure and reliable delivery of consignments to over 33,739 locations in India. As part of the DP DHL Group (DHL Express, DHL Global Forwarding & DHL Supply Chain), Blue Dart accesses the largest and most comprehensive express and logistics network worldwide, covering over 220 countries and territories and offers an entire spectrum of distribution services including air express, freight forwarding supply chain solutions and customs clearance.
The Blue Dart team drives market leadership through its motivated people force, dedicated air and ground capacity, cutting-edge technology, wide range of innovative, vertical specific products and value-added services to deliver unmatched standards of service quality to its customers. Blue Dart's market leadership is further validated by numerous awards and recognitions from customers for exhibiting reliability, superior brand experience and sustainability. Some of these include SUPERBRAND and 'Reader's Digest Most Trusted Brand Gold Award' 7 years in a row, one of 'India's Best Companies to Work For' by The Great Place to Workﾮ Institute thrice successively, 'Outstanding Contribution to the Cause of Education' - Global HR Excellence Awards 2011-2012, BSE Best CSR Practice Award and 22nd CFBP Jamnalal Bajaj Fair Business Practices Award - 2010 in the category of Service Enterprises (Medium) to name a few.
Blue Dart accepts its social responsibility by supporting climate protection (GoGreen), disaster management (GoHelp) and education (GoTeach).
BLUE DART EXPRESS LIMITED
Statement of Standalone Unaudited Results for the Quarter and Twelve Months Period Ended 31/12/2012
|Particulars||Quarter Ended 31/12/2012(Unaudited)||Quarter Ended 30/09/2012(Unaudited)||Quarter Ended 31/12/2011(Unaudited)||Twelve Months Period Ended 31/12/2012 (Unaudited)||Year Ended 31/12/2011 (Audited)|
|1.||Income from operations|
|(a)Net Sales / income from operations||45,835||41,731||39,349||171,663||148,960|
|(b)Other operating income||103||77||121||389||311|
|Total income from operations(net)||45,938||41,808||39,470||172,052||149,271|
|(a)Freight,handling and servicing costs(net)||28,458||27,649||27,886||111,697||100,107|
|(b)Employee benefits expense||6,296||6,060||4,839||23,844||19,078|
|(c)Depreciation and amortisaton expense||682||744||520||2,899||2,160|
|3.||Profit From operations before other income,finance costs and exceptional items||5,683||3,752||2,585||18,189||15,774|
|5.||Profit from ordinary activities before finance costs and exceptional items||6,524||4,547||3,277||21,287||17,889|
|7.||Profit from ordinary activities after finance costs but before exceptional items||6,524||4,547||3,277||21,286||17,889|
|9.||Profit from ordinary activities before tax||6,524||4,547||3,277||21,286||17,889|
|11.||Net Profit from ordinary activities after tax||4,501||3,220||2,238||14,691||12,224|
|12.||Extraordinary items (net of tax expense)||-||-||-||-||-|
|13.||Net Profit for the period||4,501||3,220||2,238||14,691||12,224|
|14.||Paid-up equity share capital( Face value Rs 10/- per share)||2,373||2,373||2,373||2,373||2,373|
|15.||Reserves excluding Revaluation Reserve as per Balance Sheet of previous accounting year||63,437|
|16.i||Earnings per share(before extraordinary items)(of Rs.10/- each)(not annualised)|
|A||PARTICULARS OF SHAREHOLDING|
|-Number of shares||5,931,984||4,500,047||4,500,047||5,931,984||4,500,047|
|-Percentage of shareholding||25.00||18.97||18.97||25.00||18.97|
|2.||Promoters and Promoter Group Shareholding|
|-Number of shares||-||-||-||-||-|
|-Percentage of shares(as a % of the total shareholding of promoter and promoter group)||-||-||-||-||-|
|-Percentage of shares(as a % of the total share capital of the company)||-||-||-||-||-|
|-Number of shares||17,795,950||19,227,887||19,227,887||17,795,950||19,227,887|
|-Percentage of shares(as a % of the total shareholding of the promoter and promoter group)||100||100||100||100||100|
|-Percentage of shares(as a % of the total share capital of the company)||75.00||81.03||81.03||75.00||81.03|
|Particulars||3 months ended 31/12/2012|
|Pending at the beginning of the quarter||-|
|Received during the quarter||2|
|Disposed of during the quarter||2|
|Remaining unresolved at the end of the quarter||-|
- The Company has changed its Accounting year to commence from 1st April of every year and to end on 31st March of the following year, to proactively comply with the proposed Companies Bill 2012. Consequent to this, the current accounting period is for the fifteen months period from January 1 ,2012 to March 31,2013.
- Net Sales/income from operations (inclusive of fuel surcharge) has recorded an increase of 8.40 % for the quarter ended March, 2013 as compared to the corresponding quarter of the previous year.
- The Board of Directors have recommended a dividend of Rs.71/-per share for the fifteen months period ended March 31,2013.
- Pursuant to reclassification of an amount of Rs.2,016 lacs from Computers and Computer software,into self generated software,depreciation charge during the current quarter ended March 31, 2013 is lower by Rs.156 Lacs vis-a'- vis corresponding previous quarter.
- On November 23, 2012 DHL Express (Singapore) Pte. Ltd. reduced its promoter shareholding in the Company to 75% to comply with the minimum 25% public shareholding requirements as set out in Rule 19(2)(b) of the Securities Contracts (Regulation) Rules, 1957, as amended.
- The Company is primarily engaged in a single segment business of integrated air and ground transportation and distribution of time sensitive packages in India and is managed as one entity for its various service offerings and is governed by a similar set of risks and returns. The said treatment is in accordance with the guiding principles enunciated in the Accounting Standard on Segment Reporting (AS-17) as notified under Section 211(3C) of the Companies Act, 1956.
- The Consolidated Financial results represent those of Blue Dart Express Limited and its Wholly Owned Subsidiary Company, Concorde Air Logistics Limited. The Company has consolidated its results based on the Accounting Standard on Consolidation of Financial Statements (AS-21) as notified under section 211(3C) of the Companies Act, 1956. The 49% holding in Blue Dart Aviation Limited, its Associate Company has been consolidated in accordance with the Accounting Standard on Accounting for Investments in Associates in Consolidated Financial Statements (AS-23) as notified under section 211(3C) of the Companies Act, 1956.
- The results for the quarter ended March 31, 2013 are the balancing figures between audited figures in respect of the fifteen months period ended March 31, 2013 and the published year to date figures up to twelve months period ended December 31, 2012 of the current financial period.
- The prior period's figures have been regrouped and reclassified wherever necessary to conform to current period's classification.
- The above results were reviewed by the Audit Committee and were thereafter approved by the Board at its meeting held on May 02, 2013. There are no qualifications in the Auditors' Report issued for the fifteen months period ended March 31, 2013
By Order of the Board
For Blue Dart Express Limited
Date : May 02,2013
Place : Mumbai
For further information contact :
Dated : May 02,2013