Blue Dart Sales at Rs.1,489.60crores
-The Company posted Rs. 122.24crores profit after tax
Mumbai : January 31, 2012
Blue Dart Express Limited, South Asia's number one express air and integrated transportation, distribution and Logistics Company, today declared its annual financial results for the year ended December 31, 2011, at its Board Meeting held in Mumbai.
The Company posted Rs. 122.24 cr. profit after tax for the year ended December 31, 2011. Income from Operations for the year ended December 31, 2011 was Rs. 1,489.60cr.
Anil Khanna, Managing Director, Blue Dart Express Limited said, "The 2011 results have been in sync with our outlined expectations for the year. Going forward, we are committed to remain the 'Express & Logistics Provider of Choice' for Indian industries. While continuing to be the `Trade Facilitators' in the country, we shall continue our focus on addressing specific needs of the customers delivering customized solutions."
He further added, "Blue Dart stands for Quality, Consistency, Reliability, Passion and Commitment. I thank every Blue Darter, associates, our customers and stakeholders for their support and being our brand ambassadors. Blue Dart has robust plans for India and we are delighted to serve in 'Blue Dart Country' with a business and human conscience to remain the customer's First Choice".
During the year 2011, Blue Dart handled over 98.85 million domestic shipments, 0.81 million international shipments and over 423,200 tonnes of documents and parcels across the nation and 220 countries worldwide.
About Blue Dart:
Blue Dart Express Ltd., South Asia's premier courier, and integrated express package Distribution Company, offers secure and reliable delivery of consignments to over 35, 902 locations in India. As part of the DHL Group (DHL Express, DHL Global Forwarding & DHL Supply Chain), Blue Dart accesses the largest and most comprehensive express and logistics network worldwide, covering over 220 countries and offers an entire spectrum of distribution services including air express, freight forwarding supply chain solutions and customs clearance.
The Blue Dart team drives market leadership through its motivated people force, dedicated air and ground capacity, cutting-edge technology, wide range of innovative, vertical specific products and value-added services to deliver unmatched standards of service quality to its customers. Blue Dart's market leadership is further validated by numerous awards and recognitions from customers for exhibiting reliability, superior brand experience and sustainability. Some of these include SUPERBRAND and 'Reader's Digest Most Trusted Brand Gold Award' 6 years in a row, one of 'India's Best Companies to Work For' by The Great Place to Workﾮ Institute twice successively, 'Organization that offers the best returns to consumers' - 6th Social & Corporate Governance Awards 2010, BSE Best CSR Practice Award and 22nd CFBP Jamnalal Bajaj Fair Business Practices Award - 2010 in the category of Service Enterprises (Medium) to name a few.
Blue Dart accepts its social responsibility by supporting climate protection (GoGreen), disaster management (GoHelp) and education (GoTeach).
BLUE DART EXPRESS LIMITED
Audited Financial Results for the Year Ended December 31, 2011Statement of Assets and Liabilities as per
clause 41 (V) (h) of the Listing Agreement
as at December 31,2011
|Sr.No.||Particulars||BDEL Quarter Ended 31-12-2011 (Unaudited)||BDEL Quarter Ended 30-09-2011 (Unaudited)||BDEL Quarter Ended 31-12-2010 (Unaudited)||BDEL Year Ended 31-12-2011 (Audited)(Unaudited)||BDELYear Ended 31-12-2010 (Audited)(Unaudited)||Consolidated Year Ended 31-12-2011(Audited)||Consolidated Year Ended 31-12-2010 (Audited)||As at 31-12-2011 (Audited)||As at 31-12-2010(Audited)|
|1.a.||Net Sales / Income from Operations||39,349||38,884||31,888||148,960||114,741||149,227||114,989||Shareholders' Funds:|
|b.||Other Operating Income||121||10||15||311||85||311||85||(a) Capital||2,376||2,376|
|c.||Total||39,470||38,894||31,903||149,271||114,826||149,538||115,074||(b)Reserves and Surplus||63,437||51,765|
|a.||Freight, Handling and Servicing Costs (Net)||28,067||26,395||21,347||100,764||74,836||100,810||74,876||Deferred Tax Liability (Net)||1,825||1,817|
|e.||Total||36,885||35,051||28,461||133,497||101,246||133,730||101,457||Loan to Associate||20,188||11,245|
|3.||Profit From Operations before Other Income, Interest & Exceptional Items||2,585||3,843||3,442||15,774||13,580||15,808||13,617||Current Assets,Loans And Advances|
|4.||Other income||692||565||166||2,115||447||2,173||456||(a) Inventories||262||217|
|5.||Profit before Interest & Exceptional Items||3,277||4,408||3,608||17,889||14,027||17,981||14,073||(b)Sundry Debtors||18,898||15,329|
|6.||Interest||1||1||(c) Cash and Bank Balances||3,771||3,473|
|7.||Profit after Interest but before Exceptional Items||3,277||4,408||3,608||17,889||14,026||17,981||14,072||(d) Other Current Assets||-||-|
|8.||Exceptional items||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||(e) Loans and Advances||9,430||8,398|
|9.||Profit Before Tax||3,277||4,408||3,608||17,889||14,026||17,981||14,072||Less: Current Liabilities and Provisions|
|10.||Tax expense||1,039||1,433||1,209||5,665||4,589||5,703||4,607||(a) Liabilities||14,641||12,145.|
|11.||Net Profit from Ordinary Activities after Tax||2,238||2,975||2,399||12,224||9,437||12,278||9,465||(b) Provisions||1,437||1,139|
|12.||Extraordinary items (net of tax expense)||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||Net Current Assets||16,283||14,133|
|13.||Share of Associate's Profit||141||5||Total||67,638||55,958|
|14.||Net Profit for the period||2,238||2,975||2,399||12,224||9,437||12,419||9,470|
|15.||Paid-up Equity Share Capital ( Face value Rs 10/- per share)||2,373||2,373||2,373||2,373||2,373||2,373||2,373|
|16.||Reserves excluding Revaluation Reserve||63,437||51,765||63,997||52,129|
|17.||Earnings Per Share(In Rupees)- Basic and Diluted||9.43||12.54||10.11||51.52||39.77||52.34||39.91|
|-Number of Shares||4,500,047||4,500,047||4,500,047||4,500,047||4,500,047|
|-Percentage of Shareholding||18.97||18.97||18.97||18.97||18.97|
|19.||Promoters and promoter group shareholding|
|-Number of Shares||-||-||-||-||-|
|-Percentage of Shares(as a % of the total shareholding of promoter and promoter group)||-||-||-||-||-|
|-Percentage of Shares(as a % of the total capital of the company)||-||-||-||-||-|
|-Number of Shares||19,227,887||19,227,887||19,227,887||19,227,887||19,227,887|
|-Percentage of Shares(as a % of the total shareholding of promoter and promoter group)||100||100||100||100||100|
|-Percentage of Shares(as a % of the total capital of the company)||81.03||81.03||81.03||81.03||81.03|
- The Income from operations (inclusive of fuel surcharge) has recorded an increase of 29.82% for the year ended December 31, 2011 as compared to the corresponding year ended December 31,2010.
- The Board of Directors have recommended a dividend of 20% for the year ended December 31, 2011.
- The Company is primarily engaged in a single segment business of integrated air and ground transportation and distribution of time sensitive packages in India and is managed as one entity for its various service offerings and is governed by a similar set of risks and returns. The said treatment is in accordance with the guiding principles enunciated in the Accounting Standard on Segment Reporting (AS-17) as notified under Section 211(3C) of the Companies Act, 1956.
- The Consolidated Financial results represent those of Blue Dart Express Limited and its Wholly Owned Subsidiary Company, Concorde Air Logistics Limited. The Company has consolidated its results based on the Accounting Standard on Consolidation of Financial Statements (AS-21) as notified under section 211(3C) of the Companies Act, 1956. The 49% holding in Blue Dart Aviation Limited,its Associate Company has been consolidated in accordance with the Accounting Standard on Accounting for Investments in Associates in Consolidated Financial Statements (AS-23) as notified under section 211(3C) of the Companies Act, 1956.
- The Company did not have any investor complaint pending as on Decembr 31, 2011. Investor complaints received and disposed off during the quarter ended December 31,2011 is NIL.
- The results for the quarter ended December 31,2011 are the balancing figures between audited figures in respect of the full finanicial year 2011 and the published year to date figures upto the third quarter of the current financial year.
- The prior period's figures have been regrouped and reclassified wherever necessary to conform to current period's classification.
- The above results were reviewed by the Audit Committee and were thereafter approved by the Board at its meeting held on January 31, 2012. There are no qualifications in the Auditors' Report issued for the financial year ended December 31, 2011.
By Order of the Board
For Blue Dart Express Limited
Date : January 31,2012
Place : Mumbai
For further information contact :
Date : January 31,2012