Blue Dart Q3 Sales Rs. 388.84 cr.
-Profit up by 41.79%
-The Company posted Rs. 29.75 cr. profit after tax
Mumbai : October 21, 2011
Blue Dart Express Ltd., South Asia's premier courier, and integrated express package Distribution Company, today declared its financial results for the third quarter (Q3) ended September 30, 2011, at its Board Meeting held in Mumbai.
The company posted Rs. 29.75 cr. profit after tax for the quarter ended September 30, 2011. Income from operations (inclusive of fuel surcharge) for the quarter ended September 30, 2011 stood at Rs. 388.84 cr., an increase of 32.40% over the corresponding quarter of the previous year.
Anil Khanna, Managing Director, Blue Dart Express Ltd. said, "As always, our teams have worked very hard and I would like to thank our passionate and dedicated employees, our loyal customers and the governmental agencies and the industry bodies for their unstinted support and backing. Blue Dart is committed to provide customers world-class and benchmarked services, we are steadfast in our efforts to remain an employer of choice and be a trend-setter in the industry."
About Blue Dart:
Blue Dart Express Ltd., South Asia's premier courier, and integrated express package Distribution Company, offers secure and reliable delivery of consignments to over 27,050 locations in India. As part of the DHL Group (DHL Express, DHL Global Forwarding & DHL Supply Chain), Blue Dart accesses the largest and most comprehensive express and logistics network worldwide, covering over 220 countries and offers an entire spectrum of distribution services including air express, freight forwarding supply chain solutions and customs clearance. The Blue Dart team drives market leadership through its motivated people force, dedicated air and ground capacity, cutting-edge technology, wide range of innovative, vertical specific products and value-added services to deliver unmatched standards of service quality to its customers. Blue Dart's market leadership is further validated by numerous awards and recognitions from customers for exhibiting reliability, superior brand experience and sustainability. Some of these include SUPERBRAND and 'Reader's Digest Most Trusted Brand Gold Award' 6 years in a row, one of 'India's Best Companies to Work For' by The Great Place to Workﾮ Institute twice successively, Organization with Innovative HR Practices 2009-10 and Best Employer Award on Employee Retention at the Global HR Excellence Awards, BSE Best CSR Practice Award and 22nd CFBP Jamnalal Bajaj Fair Business Practices Award - 2010 in the category of Service Enterprises (Medium) to name a few.
Blue Dart accepts its social responsibility by supporting climate protection (Go Green), disaster management (Go Help) and education (Go Teach). Apart from various other initiatives in Sustainability, in an effort to reducing its carbon footprint, Blue Dart registered an improvement on CO2 efficiency by 10% year-on-year.
BLUE DART EXPRESS LIMITED
Unaudited Financial Results for the Quarter and Nine Months Ended September 30,2011(All figures are in Rs lacs)
|Sr.No.||Particulars||Quarter Ended 30-09-2011(Unaudited)||Quarter Ended 30-09-2010 (Unaudited)||Nine Months Ended 30-09-2011 (Unaudited)||Nine Months Ended 30-09-2010(Unaudited)||Year Ended 31-12-2010 (Audited)|
|1.a.||Net Sales / Income from Operations||38,884||29,369||109,612||82,853||114,741|
|b.||Other Operating Income||10||54||190||71||85|
|a.||Freight, Handling and Servicing Costs (Net)||26,395||19,392||72,698||53,489||74,836|
|3.||Profit From Operations before Other Income, Interest & Exceptional Items||3,843||2,999||13,190||10,139||13,580|
|5.||Profit before Interest & Exceptional Items||4,408||3,108||14,613||10,418||14,027|
|7.||Profit after Interest but before Exceptional Items||4,408||3,107||14,613||10,417||14,026|
|9.||Profit Before Tax||4,408||3,107||14,613||10,417||14,026|
|11.||Net Profit from Ordinary Activities after Tax||2,975||2,098||9,987||7,038||9,437|
|12.||Extraordinary Items (net of tax)||-||-||-||-||-|
|13.||Net Profit for the period||2,975||2,098||9,987||7,038||9,437|
|14.||aid-up Equity Share Capital ( Face value Rs 10/- per share)||2,373||2,373||2,373||2,373||2,373|
|15.||Reserves excluding Revaluation Reserve as per Balance Sheet of previous Accounting year||51,765|
|16.||Earnings Per Share(In Rupees)- Basic and Diluted||12.54||8.84||42.09||29.66||39.77|
|-Number of Shares||4,500,047||4,500,047||4,500,047||4,500,047||4,500,047|
|-Percentage of Shareholding||18.97||18.97||18.97||18.97||18.97|
|Promoters and promoter group shareholding|
|-Number of Shares||-||-||-||-||-|
|-Percentage of Shares (as a % of the total shareholding of promoter and promoter group)||-||-||-||-||-|
|-Percentage of Shares (as a % of the total capital of the company)||-||-||-||-||-|
|-Number of Shares||19,227,887||19,227,887||19,227,887||19,227,887||19,227,887|
|-Percentage of Shares(as a % of the total shareholding of promoter and promoter group)||100||100||100||100||100|
|-Percentage of Shares(as a % of the total capital of the company)||81.03||81.03||81.03||81.03||81.03|
- The Income from operations (inclusive of fuel surcharge) has recorded an increase of 32.40% for the quarter ended September 30, 2011 as compared to the corresponding quarter of the previous year.
- The Company is primarily engaged in a single segment business of integrated air and ground transportation and distribution of time sensitive packages in India and is managed as one entity for its various service offerings and is governed by a similar set of risks and returns. The said treatment is in accordance with the guiding principles enunciated in the Accounting Standard on Segment Reporting (AS-17) as notified under Section 211(3C) of the Companies Act, 1956.
- The Company did not have any investor complaint pending as on September 30, 2011. There were two investor complaints received and disposed off during the quarter ended September 30, 2011.
- The prior period's figures have been regrouped and reclassified wherever necessary to conform to current period's classification.
- In accordance with the requirements of Clause 41 of the Listing Agreement with the Stock Exchanges, the Statutory Auditors have performed a limited review of the Company's financial results for the quarter and nine months ended September 30, 2011. There are no qualifications in the limited review report issued for the above period.
- The above results were reviewed by the Audit Committee and were thereafter approved by the Board at its meeting held on October 21, 2011.
By Order of the Board
For Blue Dart Express Limited
Date : October 21, 2011
Place : Mumbai
For further information contact :
Date : October 21, 2011