Blue Dart Sales Rs. 336.33 cr, up by 30.56%
Mumbai : April 26, 2011
Blue Dart Express Limited, South Asia's premier number one express air and integrated transportation, distribution and logistics company, today declared its financial results for the first quarter (Q1) ended March 31, 2011, at its Board Meeting held in Mumbai.
The company posted Rs. 36.11 cr profit after tax for the quarter ended March 31, 2011. Income from operations (inclusive of fuel surcharge) for the quarter ended March 31, 2011 stood at Rs 336.33 cr, an increase of 30.56% over the corresponding quarter of the previous year.
Anil Khanna, Managing Director, Blue Dart Express Ltd said, "Since inception, customer centricity has been of paramount importance to Blue Dart. We constantly innovate; strengthen our product portfolio to serve our customers with solutions that match up to meet their dynamic and evolving business needs. We will continue to focus on delivering world-class service quality, experience and maintain our reliability quotient.
He further added, Blue Dart continues to be viewed as a premium brand with high customer satisfaction. Our plan to support the Indian growth story is on track. This is also validated through the dominant market share and customer loyalty in Blue Dart Country. Our focus in the next 3-5 years will be to further build on this trust and remain customers First Choice."
About Blue Dart:
Blue Dart, South Asia's premier number one express air and integrated transportation, distribution and logistics company, offers secure and reliable delivery of consignments to over 25,646 locations in India. As part of the DHL Group (DHL Express, DHL Global Forwarding & DHL Supply Chain), Blue Dart accesses the largest and most comprehensive express and logistics network worldwide, covering over 220 countries and offers an entire spectrum of distribution services including air express, freight forwarding supply chain solutions and customs clearance.
The Blue Dart team drives market leadership through its motivated people force, dedicated air and ground capacity, cutting-edge technology, wide range of innovative, vertical specific products and valueadded services to deliver unmatched standards of service quality to its customers. Blue Dart's market leadership is further validated by numerous awards and recognitions from customers for exhibiting reliability, superior brand experience and sustainability. Some of these include Superbrand and Reader's Digest Most Trusted Brand Gold Award, 5 years in a row, Reader's Digest Most Trusted Brand Gold Award, 5 years in a row, one of India's Best Companies to Work For 2010 in a study by Economic Times and Great Place to Workﾮ Institute, India, Forbes 'Best under a Billion' companies in Asia, Dun & Bradstreet top 500 companies of India, Brand Leadership Awards at the Asia Brand Congress and World Brand Congress, Best Service Provider of the Year, Organization with Innovative HR Practices 2009-10 and Best Employer Award on Employee Retention at the Global HR Excellence Awards, World HRD Congress Meet 2010 and 22nd CFBP Jamnalal Bajaj Fair Business Practices Award - 2010 in the category of Service Enterprises (Medium) to name a few.
Blue Dart accepts its social responsibility by supporting climate protection, disaster management and education. Apart from various other initiatives in Sustainability, in an effort to reducing its carbon footprint, Blue Dart registered an improvement on CO2 efficiency by 10% year-on-year,
BLUE DART EXPRESS LIMITED
Unaudited Financial Results for the Quarter Ended March 31, 2011
(All figures are in Rs.Lacs)
|Sr.No.||Particulars||QuarterEnded 31-03-2011 (Unaudited)||QuarterEnded 31-03-2010 (Unaudited)||YearEnded 31-12-2010 (Audited)|
|1.a.||Net Sales / Income from Operations||33,633||25,761||114,741|
|b.||Other Operating Income||66||9||85|
|a.||Freight, Handling and Servicing Costs||22,029||16,431||74,836|
|3.||Profit from Operations before Other Income, Interest & Exceptional Items||4,788||3,541||13,580|
|5.||Profit before Interest & Exceptional Items||5,177||3,626||14,027|
|7.||Profit after Interest but before Exceptional Items||5,177||3,626||14,026|
|9.||Profit Before Tax||5,177||3,626||14,026|
|11.||Net Profit from Ordinary Activities after Tax||3,611||2,378||9,437|
|12.||Extraordinary Items (net of tax)||-||-||-|
|13.||Net Profit for the period||3,611||2,378||9,437|
|14.||Paid-up Equity Share Capital ( Face value Rs 10/- per share)||2,373||2,373||2,373|
|15.||Reserve excluding Revaluation Reserve as per Balance Sheet of previous Accounting year.||51,765|
|16.||Earnings Per Share (In Rupees)- Basic and Diluted||15.22||10.02||39.77|
|-Number of Shares||4,500,047||4,500,047||4,500,047|
|-Percentage of Shareholding||18.97||18.97||18.97|
|18.||Promoters and promoter group shareholding|
|-Number of Shares||-||-||-|
|-Percentage of Shares (as a % of the total shareholding of promoter and promoter group)||-||-||-|
|-Percentage of Shares (as a % of the total capital of the company)||-||-||-|
|-Number of Shares||19,227,887||19,227,887||19,227,887|
|-Percentage of Shares (as a % of the total shareholding of promoter and promoter group)||100||100||100|
|-Percentage of Shares (as a % of the total capital of the company)||81.03||81.03||81.03|
- The Income from operations (inclusive of fuel surcharge) has recorded an increase of 30.56% for the quarter ended March 31, 2011 as compared to the corresponding quarter of the previous year.
- The Company is primarily engaged in a single segment business of integrated air and ground transportation and distribution of time sensitive packages in India and is managed as one entity for its various service offerings and is governed by a similar set of risks and returns. The said treatment is in accordance with the guiding principles enunciated in the Accounting Standard on Segment Reporting (AS-17) as notified under Section 211(3C) of the Companies Act, 1956.
- The Company did not have any investor complaint pending as on March 31, 2011. There was one investor complaint received and disposed off during the quarter ended March 31, 2011.
- The prior period's figures have been regrouped and reclassified wherever necessary to conform to current period's classification.
- In accordance with the requirements of Clause 41 of the Listing Agreement with the Stock Exchanges, the Statutory Auditors have performed a limited review of the Company's financial results for the quarter ended March 31, 2011. There are no qualifications in the limited review report issued for the above quarter.
- The above results were reviewed by the Audit Committee and were thereafter approved by the Board at its meeting held on April 26, 2011.
By Order of the Board
For Blue Dart Express Limited
Date :April 26, 2011
Place : Mumbai
For further information contact :
Dated : April 26, 2011