Blue Dart Sales at Rs. 4,161.64 Million
Mumbai : July 14, 2009
Blue Dart Express Limited, South Asia's premier No.1 express air and integrated transportation, distribution and logistics company, today declared its financial results for the second quarter and half year ended June 30, 2009, at its Board Meeting held in Mumbai today.
The company posted Rs.114.35 Million profit after tax for the quarter ended June 30, 2009 and Rs 231.19 Million for the half year ended June 30, 2009. Income from operations for the quarter ended June 30, 2009 stood at Rs 2,070.96 Million and Rs 4,161.64 Million for the half year ended June 30, 2009.
Anil Khanna, Managing Director, Blue Dart Express said, "With our continued focus on delivering an enhanced customer experience, we continue to provide new products and quality service to our customers through our air and ground infrastructure, reach, superior technology and motivated people force. These are vital to support our customers' business in these tough economic times. We serve a loyal customer base and would like to take this opportunity to thank our customers for their continued support and all Blue Darters, who have believed in our vision and enabled us to deliver our promise."
About Blue Dart:
Blue Dart, South Asia's premier number one express air and integrated transportation, distribution and Logistics Company, offers secure and reliable delivery of consignments to over 21,533 locations in India.
As part of the DHL Group (DHL Express, DHL Global Forwarding & DHL Exel Supply Chain), Blue Dart accesses the largest and most comprehensive express and logistics network worldwide, covering over 220 countries and offers an entire spectrum of distribution services including air express, freight forwarding supply chain solutions and customs clearance.
Blue Dart was selected as a Business Superbrand from over 1,699 brands and received the Readers Digest's Most Trusted Brand Gold Award, both for four years in a row. Blue Dart has been listed twice in the Dun & Bradstreet top 500 companies in India and has been awarded with the Asia Brand Congress-Brand Leadership Award 2008. It has also been listed as one of the Forbes 'Best under Billion' companies.
The Blue Dart team drives market leadership through its motivated people force, dedicated air capacity, cutting-edge technology, innovation, and value-added services to deliver unmatched standards of service quality to its customers. For further information, please visit our website at www.bluedart.com
BLUE DART EXPRESS LIMITED
Unaudited Financial Results for the Quarter and Half Year Ended June 30, 2009
|Sr. No.||Particulars||QuarterEnded30-06-2009(Unaudited)||QuarterEnded30-06-2008(Unaudited)||Half YearEnded30-06-2009(Unaudited)||Half YearEnded30-06-2008(Unaudited)||YearEnded31-12-2008(Audited)|
|1.a||Net Sales/Income from operations||20,710||24,459||41,616||48,429||97,447|
|b.||Other Operating Income||116||6||169||6||495|
|a.||Freight, Handling and Servicing Costs||13,743||15,939||27,641||30,513||63,592|
|3.||Profit From Operations before Other Income, Interest & Exceptional Items||1,617||3,041||3,265||7,515||11,350|
|5.||Profit before Interest & Exceptional Items||1,733||3,131||3,522||7,700||11,926|
|7.||Profit after Interest but before Exceptional Items||1,733||3,135||3,523||7,704||11,875|
|9.||Profit before tax||1,733||3,135||3,523||7,704||11,875|
|11.||Net Profit from Ordinary Activities after Tax||1,143||2,063||2,312||5,136||7,735|
|12.||Extraordinary Items (net of tax)||-||-||-||-||-|
|13.||Net Profit for the period||1,143||2,063||2,312||5,136||7,735|
|14.||Paid-up Equity Share Capital ( Face value Rs 10/- per share)||2,373||2,373||2,373||2,373||2,373|
|15.||Reserves excluding Revaluation Reserve as per Balance Sheet of previous Accouting year||36,811|
|16.||Earnings Per Share(In Rupees)- Basic and Diluted||4.82||8.71||9.74||21.65||32.60|
|-Number of Shares||4,500,047||4,500,047||4,500,047||4,500,047||4,500,047|
|-Percentage of Shareholding||18.97||18.97||18.97||18.97||18.97|
|18.||Promoters and promoter group Shareholding|
|-Number of Shares||-||-||-||-||-|
|-Percentage of Shares(as a % of the total shareholding of promoter and promoter group)||-||-||-||-||-|
|-Percentage of Shares(as a % of the total share capital of the company)||-||-||-||-||-|
|-Number of Shares||19,227,887||19,227,887||19,227,887||19,227,887||19,227,887|
|-Percentage of Shares(as a % of the total shareholding of promoter and promoter group)||100.00||100.00||100.00||100.00||100.00|
|-Percentage of Shares(as a % of the total share capital of the company)||81.03||81.03||81.03||81.03||81.03|
- The decrease of 15.33 % in Income from Operations during the quarter ended June 30, 2009 vis-à-vis the corresponding quarter of the previous year is primarily on account of lower fuel surcharge as per the Company's fuel surcharge mechanism which is linked to the WTI crude oil price index with marginal increase in freight.
- The Company is primarily engaged in a single segment business of integrated transportation and distribution of shipments and is managed as one entity for its various service offerings and is governed by a similar set of risks and returns. The said treatment is in accordance with the guiding principles enunciated in the Accounting Standard on Segment Reporting (AS-17) as notified under Section 211(3C) of the Companies Act, 1956.
- The Company did not have any investor complaint pending as on June 30, 2009. There were two investor complaints received and disposed off during the quarter ended June 30, 2009.
- The prior period's figures have been regrouped and reclassified wherever necessary to conform to current period's classification.
- In accordance with the requirements of Clause 41 of the Listing Agreement with the Stock Exchanges, the Statutory Auditors have performed a limited review of the Company's financial results for the quarter and half year ended June 30, 2009. There are no qualifications in the limited review report issued for the above period.
- The above results were reviewed by the Audit Committee and were thereafter approved by the Board at its meeting held on July 14, 2009.
By Order of the Board
For Blue Dart Express Limited
( Managing Director)
Date : July 14, 2009
Place : Mumbai
For further information contact :
Date : July 14, 2009