Blue Dart Sales at Rs. 2090.68 Million
Mumbai : April 15, 2009
Blue Dart Express Limited, South Asia's premier number one express air and integrated transportation, distribution and logistic company, today declared its financial results for the first quarter (Q1) ended March 31, 2009, at its Board Meeting held in Mumbai.
The company posted Rs. 116.84 million profit after tax for the quarter ended March 31, 2009. Income from operations for the quarter ended March 31, 2009 stood at Rs. 2090.68 million.
Anil Khanna, Managing Director, Blue Dart Express Ltd said, "We are in the midst of a global economic downturn but, Blue Dart as a customer-centric organization is focused on innovation and delivering value added products and services. We have been constantly upgrading our products to give customized and quality services to our customers. Our focus is to deliver maximum benefits in these difficult times by utilizing our strong infrastructure, technology, reach and people. This in the long run will be an added advantage in terms of providing the entire gamut of solutions possible to our customers, who stand to benefit immensely, along with the fact that they would bring in sustained and increased revenues for the organization "
"Whilst externally the focus is on adding value to customer businesses, internally the organization is focused on optimizing cost efficiencies, sweating of assets and building operational excellence." added Anil Khanna.
Blue Dart is committed to 25 product and service initiatives to be rolled out in a phased manner during the course of the year, many of which have already been launched. These initiatives focus on customized requirements for specific verticals and will further improve Blue Dart's already best-in-class service quality, through programs like First Choice & Net Promoter Approach.
About Blue Dart:
Blue Dart, South Asia's premier number one express air and integrated transportation, distribution and logistics Company, offers secure and reliable delivery of consignments to over 21,340 locations in India.
As part of the DHL Group (DHL Express, DHL Global Forwarding & DHL Supply Chain), Blue Dart accesses the largest and most comprehensive express and logistics network worldwide, covering over 220 countries and offers an entire spectrum of distribution services including air express, freight forwarding supply chain solutions and customs clearance.
Blue Dart was selected a Business Superbrand for the fourth time consecutively from over 1,699 brands and received the Readers Digest's Most Trusted Brand Gold Award, three years in a row. It has been listed twice in the Dun & Bradstreet top 500 companies in India. Blue Dart has been awarded with the Asia Brand Congress Brand Leadership Award 2008. It has also been listed as one of the Forbes 'Best under Billion' companies.
The Blue Dart team drives market leadership through its motivated people force, dedicated air capacity, cutting-edge technology, innovation, and value-added services to deliver unmatched standards of service quality to its customers.
BLUE DART EXPRESS LIMITED
Unaudited Financial Results for the Quarter Ended March 31, 2009
|1.a||Net Sales/Income from operations||20,907||23,970||97,447|
|b.||Other Operating Income||52||-||495|
|a.||Freight, Handling and Servicing Costs||13,897||14,574||63,592|
|3.||Profit from Operations before Other Income, Interest & Exceptional Items||1,648||4,471||11,350|
|5.||Profit before Interest & Exceptional Items||1,790||4,565||11,926|
|7.||Profit after Interest but before Exceptional Items||1,790||4,565||11,875|
|9.||Profit before tax||1,790||4,565||11,875|
|11.||Net Profit from Ordinary Activities after Tax||1,169||3,069||7,735|
|12.||Extraordinary Items (net of tax)||-||-||-|
|13.||Net Profit for the period||1,169||3,069||7,735|
|14.||Paid-up Equity Share Capital ( Face value Rs 10/- per share)||2,373||2,373||2,373|
|15.||Reserve excluding Revaluation Reserves as per Balance Sheet of previous Accouting year||36,811|
|16.||Earnings Per Share(In Rupees)- Basic and Diluted||4.92||12.94||32.60|
|-Number of Shares||4,500,047||4,500,047||4,500,047|
|-Percentage of Shareholding||18.97||18.97||18.97|
|18.||Promoters and promoter group Shareholding|
|-Number of Shares||-||-||-|
|-Percentage of Shares(as a % of the total shareholding of promoter and promoter group)||-||-||-|
|-Percentage of Shares(as a % of the total share capital of the company)||-||-||-|
|-Number of Shares||19,227,887||19,227,887||19,227,887|
|-Percentage of Shares(as a % of the total shareholding of promoter and promoter group)||100.00||100.00||100.00|
|-Percentage of Shares(as a % of the total share capital of the company)||81.03||81.03||81.03|
- The decrease of 12.78% in Income from Operations during the quarter ended March 31, 2009 vis-à-vis the corresponding quarter of the previous year is primarily on account of lower fuel surcharge as per the Company's fuel surcharge mechanism which is linked to the WTI crude oil price index.
- The Company is primarily engaged in a single segment business of integrated transportation and distribution of shipments and is managed as one entity for its various service offerings and is governed by a similar set of risks and returns. The said treatment is in accordance with the guiding principles enunciated in the Accounting Standard on Segment Reporting (AS-17) as notified under Section 211(3C) of the Companies Act, 1956.
- The Company did not have any investor complaint pending as on March 31, 2009. There were two investor's complaints received and disposed off during the quarter ended March 31, 2009.
- The prior period's figures have been regrouped and reclassified wherever necessary to conform to current period's classification.
- In accordance with the requirements of Clause 41 of the Listing Agreement with the Stock Exchanges, the Statutory Auditors have performed a limited review of the Company's financial results for the quarter ended March 31, 2009. There are no qualifications in the limited review report issued for the above quarter.
- The above results were reviewed by the Audit Committee and were thereafter approved by the Board at its meeting held on April 15,2009.
By Order of the Board
For Blue Dart Express Limited
( Managing Director)
Date : April 15, 2009
Place : Mumbai
For further information contact :
Date : April 15, 2009