Blue Dart introduces contactless delivery of essentials to doorsteps
News Clip: ITLN
29th April, 2020
The express delivery provider, Blue Dart introduced norms to be followed to ensure contactless delivery of essentials at doorsteps amid lockdown and Covid-19. The guidelines include maintaining a safe distance, using OTM machines, using digital wallets and sending confirmation SMS.
• Field Executive will keep the shipment at/outside the door & move back 6 feet/2 meter to maintain a safe distance.
• The recipient will be requested to provide name/contact details to our Field Executive while accepting the shipment (and ID I Relationship for Secured products).
• We will not be accepting Cash on Delivery as an acceptable payment method for shipments (these have been temporarily suspended).
• All COD shipments can be delivered if a recipient is willing to make Digital Payments (we have enabled more than 14 digital wallets).
• Where contact number is available, an SMS will be forwarded informing the recipient about the Contact Less Delivery.
• After the delivery is successful, an SMS will be sent to the recipient confirming the delivery details and if they have any query, an email id will be available through a URL.